Friday 24 June 2016

Quest For Happiness: Part Ten

While having her nails done at her friend's saloon, Anne let her mind wander off. Since Ebuka had asked her to be his wife a week ago, she was yet to give him a conclusive reply. She had informed her close friend in London about it and he had advised her to go for it as long as she loved him.
Anne knew deep within her that she did love him and she truly wanted to be with him, but she wanted some confirmation that she would not be making a fool of herself.
As she kept pondering, her friend, Alero, who owned the saloon and was personally setting her nails, asked "Anne, what's wrong? What's troubling you?". Focusing on her environment, she put on a smile and responded that she was okay. Alero stopped buffering her nails and focused all her attention on her. She kept insisting that something must be wrong because of the way she responded. 
Finally, Anne replied saying, "Well, it's nothing really, I just have a particular issue I've been thinking about. Now that you've brought it up, I guess I can ask your opinion." "You see, I've been dating Ebuka for a while now, you know him right?", after Alero nodded, she continued, "Well, he asked me to marry him and I have not been able to give him a reply yet." "I mean, I really like him and when i'm with him, I'm happy and feel valued and loved. He listens to me, does everything to make me happy! He even cooks!" Pausing, she looked at Alero. 
"Okaay", Alero spoke up, indicating she should go on. "Well, right now, I know I want to marry him, but I don't know if I should. What I really want to ask is, are Nigerian men faithful?" Anne finally realized as she said the words out loud, that this was the question she had been meaning to ask. This was what was holding her back. Alero smiled knowingly and picking up the nail she had been working on, replied "Well, it depends on what you call faithful. Nigerian men and even men in general, can be faithful as long as they love the lady in question." "Does Ebuka love you?" 
"Yes, he does" Anne responded. "He has told me so on several occasions, I even stopped counting". This statement made both ladies burst out in laughter. "Well, if that is the case," Alero replied, "What is stopping you? Go right ahead and be happy!"
Anne left the saloon a lot better than she came, she was definitely giving a thousand watt smile. She would do as Alero had advised, follow her heart and be happy.

Part Nine

Part Eight
Part Seven
Part Six
Part Five
Part Four
Part Three
Part Two
Part One

No comments:

Post a Comment